1. After School
School may be over, but homework awaits. Snacks that are low in sugar and full of protein and whole grains will give your kids the energy and focus they need to memorize spelling lists and make sense of those dreaded word problems.
- Whole grain cereal and dried fruit
- PB&J on whole grain bread
- Ham (or turkey or salami) and cheese roll-ups
- Yogurt and fruit cup
- Hard boiled egg and whole grain toast
2. Pre-Sports Practice
Fuel up your kid with healthy carbs and hydrating fruits.
- Whole grain pretzels
- Whole grain granola bars or graham crackers
- Applesauce (unsweetened)
- Juicy fruits such as oranges, clementines, apples, pears, and pit fruits
- Frozen 100 percent fruit pops
3. At Bedtime
It’s no surprise that kids who have lunch at 11 a.m. and dinner at 6 p.m. need a little something in their tummies before bed. Opt for foods that will calm them down rather than rile them up, such as dairy and complex carbohydrates.
- Whole grain cereal with low-fat milk (and no added sugar!)
- Hummus and whole grain pita
- ½ grilled cheese on whole grain bread
- Cottage cheese and dried fruit
Source: Real Simple
Some people like to travel by train because it combines the slowness of a car with the cramped public exposure of an airplane.
I think my pilot was a little inexperienced. We were sitting on the runway, and he said, “OK, folks, we’re gonna be taking off in a just few—whoa! Here we go.”
“I can’t wait until your vacation is over.” —Everyone following you on Instagram
A man knocked on my door and asked for a donation toward the local swimming pool. So I gave him a glass of water.
Comedian Greg Davies
Just found the worst page in the entire dictionary. What I saw was disgraceful, disgusting, dishonest, and disingenuous.
Client: We need you to log in to the YouTube and make all our company videos viral.
My cat just walked up to the paper shredder and said, “Teach me everything you know.”
“Just because you can’t dance doesn’t mean you shouldn’t dance.” —Alcohol
@yoyoha (Josh Hara)
My parents didn’t want to move to Florida, but they turned 60 and that’s the law.
Q: What do you call an Amish guy with his hand in a horse’s mouth?
A: A mechanic.