- prep 15 min cook 60 min
- serves 6
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 1 tablespoon chicken broth or stock
- 1 large onion, finely chopped
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 carrots, halved lengthwise and thinly sliced crosswise
- 3/4 cup split peas
- 2 tablespoons tomato paste
- 1/2 pound smoked turkey breast, diced
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon rubbed or ground sage
- 4 1/2 cups water
- 1/3 cup small pasta shapes
- 1/4 cup freshly grated Parmesan cheese
How to make it 15 minutes
Nutritional Information(per serving)
- Calories: 180
- Fat: 3g
- Saturated Fat: 1g
- Cholesterol: 18mg
- Sodium: 815mg
- Carbs: 24g
- Protein: 15g
- Fiber: 7g
Healthy Cooking Tip
Want a soup that’s substantial enough to be a meal in itself? Try one made from legumes (split peas, beans, lentils) or packed with vegetables, beans, and pasta. On the other hand, if you prefer a broth-based soup — chicken noodle, mushroom beef, miso — you’ll want to pair it with a sandwich or salad. And what about “cream of” soups? No surprise here: Assume that they are indeed made with cream and are high in calories.
Just found the worst page in the entire dictionary. What I saw was disgraceful, disgusting, dishonest, and disingenuous.
Client: We need you to log in to the YouTube and make all our company videos viral.
My cat just walked up to the paper shredder and said, “Teach me everything you know.”
“Just because you can’t dance doesn’t mean you shouldn’t dance.” —Alcohol
@yoyoha (Josh Hara)
My parents didn’t want to move to Florida, but they turned 60 and that’s the law.
Q: What do you call an Amish guy with his hand in a horse’s mouth?
A: A mechanic.