- prep 15 min cook 60 min
- serves 6
- 1 cup dried shiitake mushrooms
- 1 cup boiling water
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 3 carrots, quartered lengthwise and thinly sliced crosswise
- 8 cloves garlic, thinly sliced
- 3/4 cup lentils, rinsed and picked over
- 1 cup canned crushed tomatoes
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 teaspoon ground cumin
- 3/4 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/2 teaspoon rubbed sage
- 3 cups water
- 1 large onion, halved and thinly sliced
- 2 teaspoons sugar
- 1 cup frozen peas
How to make it 1 hour, 15 minutes
- 2 cups of fresh, sliced mushrooms can be used in place of the dried mushrooms. Eliminate the hot water and the soaking step.
- Any vegetables can be added to this stew. Celery, red potatoes, sweet potatoes, and parsnips make wonderful additions. Chop finely and add with the carrots.
Nutritional Information(per serving)
- Calories: 237
- Fat: 3g
- Saturated Fat: 0g
- Cholesterol: 0mg
- Sodium: 496mg
- Carbs: 43g
- Protein: 13g
- Fiber: 13g
Just found the worst page in the entire dictionary. What I saw was disgraceful, disgusting, dishonest, and disingenuous.
Client: We need you to log in to the YouTube and make all our company videos viral.
My cat just walked up to the paper shredder and said, “Teach me everything you know.”
“Just because you can’t dance doesn’t mean you shouldn’t dance.” —Alcohol
@yoyoha (Josh Hara)
My parents didn’t want to move to Florida, but they turned 60 and that’s the law.
Q: What do you call an Amish guy with his hand in a horse’s mouth?
A: A mechanic.