- prep 20 min cook 30 min
- serves 6
This healthy pizza is a snap to prepare with ready-made pizza dough.
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 1 red bell pepper, thinly sliced
- 1 green bell pepper, thinly sliced
- 1/2 pound mushrooms, thinly sliced
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 pound purchased or homemade pizza dough
- 1 cup canned no-salt-added tomato sauce
- 1/8 teaspoon cinnamon
- 8 ounces part-skim mozzarella cheese, thinly sliced
How to make it 50 minutes
In a large nonstick skillet, heat the oil over moderate heat. Add the bell peppers and saute for 5 minutes or until crisp-tender. Add the mushrooms, oregano and salt, and cook for 4 minutes or until the mushroom liquid has evaporated. Set aside.
Preheat the oven to 450°F. Spray a 12-inch pizza pan or large baking sheet with nonstick cooking spray. Pat the dough into a 12-inch round. Cover and let stand in a warm spot for 25 minutes or until doubled. Bake for 5 minutes.
In a small bowl, combine the tomato sauce and cinnamon. Spoon over the pizza. Top with the pepper mixture and the mozzarella. Bake for 15 minutes or until the cheese has melted and the crust is browned.
Nutritional Information(per serving)
- Calories: 326
- Fat: 10g
- Saturated Fat: 5g
- Cholesterol: 22mg
- Sodium: 693mg
- Protein: 17g
- Fiber: 3g