- prep 10 min
- serves 4
If time allows, chill the wine glasses or dessert dishes first.
- 4 ripe peaches
- 4 scoops raspberry sorbet, about 1 cup in total
- 8 tbsp. sparkling white wine, well chilled
- 4 tbsp. chopped toasted almonds
How to make it 10 minutes
Some More Ideas
- If peaches are unavailable, ripe nectarines make a good substitute.
- When soft fruit is at is best, make Sparkling Berry Dessert. Use 10 ounces strawberries, halved, or a mixture of raspberries and blueberries. You can also use a mixed-berry sorbet, instead of raspberry, or frozen vanilla yogurt.
- Replace the almonds with 4 tablespoons chopped, toasted hazelnuts.
- Instead of sparkling wine (or even champagne), use a dessert wine, such as French Beaume de Venise.
Nutritional Information(per serving)
- Calories: 225
- Fat: 8g
- Saturated Fat: 1g
- Carbs: 30g
- Sugars: 30g
- Protein: 5g
- Fiber: 4g
Although sorbets can be very high in calories because of the sugar they contain, they are much lower in fat than ice cream.
FACTOID:Peaches are an excellent source of vitamin C (1 medium-size peach provides around 10 percent of the recommended daily amount). They also provide useful amounts of fiber and are low in calories.
Some people like to travel by train because it combines the slowness of a car with the cramped public exposure of an airplane.
I think my pilot was a little inexperienced. We were sitting on the runway, and he said, “OK, folks, we’re gonna be taking off in a just few—whoa! Here we go.”
“I can’t wait until your vacation is over.” —Everyone following you on Instagram
A man knocked on my door and asked for a donation toward the local swimming pool. So I gave him a glass of water.
Comedian Greg Davies
Just found the worst page in the entire dictionary. What I saw was disgraceful, disgusting, dishonest, and disingenuous.
Client: We need you to log in to the YouTube and make all our company videos viral.
My cat just walked up to the paper shredder and said, “Teach me everything you know.”
“Just because you can’t dance doesn’t mean you shouldn’t dance.” —Alcohol
@yoyoha (Josh Hara)
My parents didn’t want to move to Florida, but they turned 60 and that’s the law.
Q: What do you call an Amish guy with his hand in a horse’s mouth?
A: A mechanic.