- prep 15 min cook 15 min
- serves 6
Mashed or pureed vegetables are so easy to fix and eat, and they provide yet another interesting way to eat your vegetables.
- 1 pound sweet potato, peeled and cut into 1-inch cubes
- 1 medium celeriac, or celery root, peeled and cut into 1-inch cubes
- Juice of 1 lemon
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon coarsely grated fresh ginger
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 Golden Delicious apple, peeled, cored, and finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon coriander seeds, roughly crushed
How to make it 30 minutes
Nutritional Information(per serving)
- Calories: 113
- Fat: 3g
- Saturated Fat: 0g
- Cholesterol: 0mg
- Sodium: 46mg
- Carbs: 22g
- Sugars: 11g
- Protein: 2g
- Fiber: 3g
- For a creamy puree, add 5 tablespoons low-fat plain yogurt or low-fat sour cream to the mashed vegetables before you add the apple mixture.
- Remember to keep sweet potatoes on your list when you are choosing your starches. Sweet potatoes provide excellent fiber and are very high in vitamin A. Choose more starchy vegetables in place of refined starches such as white flour and white grains. Sweet potatoes also provide good amounts of vitamin C and potassium, and contain more vitamin E than any other vegetable.
Just found the worst page in the entire dictionary. What I saw was disgraceful, disgusting, dishonest, and disingenuous.
Client: We need you to log in to the YouTube and make all our company videos viral.
My cat just walked up to the paper shredder and said, “Teach me everything you know.”
“Just because you can’t dance doesn’t mean you shouldn’t dance.” —Alcohol
@yoyoha (Josh Hara)
My parents didn’t want to move to Florida, but they turned 60 and that’s the law.
Q: What do you call an Amish guy with his hand in a horse’s mouth?
A: A mechanic.