- prep 10 min cook 15 min
- serves 4
- 6 tablespoons whole-grain mustard
- 4 teaspoons honey
- 4 skinless, boneless chicken thighs, about 3 ounces each
- 4 large buns, plain or whole wheat
- 8 small romaine lettuce leaves
- 2 small ripe mangoes, sliced
- 2 scallions, thinly sliced (optional)
- Salt and fresh-ground pepper
How to make it About 25 minutes
- Roast the chicken in advance and serve cold sandwiches, rather than hot.
- To make an open-face sandwich, place the lettuce, mango slices and chicken thighs on toasted thick slices of country-style bread.
- Use boneless turkey breast halves instead of chicken thighs. Because they are a denser meat, they cook more quickly — roast 10 to 12 minutes.
- Experiment with the fruit you use — try slices of fresh pineapple, peach, or kiwi fruit. If you use canned fruits, select ones canned in fruit juice rather than syrup, to keep the calorie count low.
- For Chicken and Vegetable Sandwich, top the roasted mustard-glazed chicken with a grated zucchini, carrot, and sweet onion salad, or serve with a carrot and white cabbage coleslaw.
- Whole-grain mustard adds texture to the sandwich, but if you prefer you can substitute a smooth mustard.
Healthy Cooking Tip
Honey provides energy for the body, and is a healthier option than sugar.
Nutritional Information(per serving)
- Calories: 365
- Fat: 9g
- Saturated Fat: 2g
- Carbs: 49g
- Sugars: 19g
- Protein: 25g
- Fiber: 5g
FACTOID:Whole-grain mustard, although it includes oil, has significantly less fat than mayonnaise, which is why it has been used as a condiment in this sandwich.
Some people like to travel by train because it combines the slowness of a car with the cramped public exposure of an airplane.
I think my pilot was a little inexperienced. We were sitting on the runway, and he said, “OK, folks, we’re gonna be taking off in a just few—whoa! Here we go.”
“I can’t wait until your vacation is over.” —Everyone following you on Instagram
A man knocked on my door and asked for a donation toward the local swimming pool. So I gave him a glass of water.
Comedian Greg Davies
Just found the worst page in the entire dictionary. What I saw was disgraceful, disgusting, dishonest, and disingenuous.
Client: We need you to log in to the YouTube and make all our company videos viral.
My cat just walked up to the paper shredder and said, “Teach me everything you know.”
“Just because you can’t dance doesn’t mean you shouldn’t dance.” —Alcohol
@yoyoha (Josh Hara)
My parents didn’t want to move to Florida, but they turned 60 and that’s the law.
Q: What do you call an Amish guy with his hand in a horse’s mouth?
A: A mechanic.