- prep 10 min cook 15 min
- serves 4
- 6 tablespoons whole-grain mustard
- 4 teaspoons honey
- 4 skinless, boneless chicken thighs, about 3 ounces each
- 4 large buns, plain or whole wheat
- 8 small romaine lettuce leaves
- 2 small ripe mangoes, sliced
- 2 scallions, thinly sliced (optional)
- Salt and fresh-ground pepper
How to make it About 25 minutes
- Roast the chicken in advance and serve cold sandwiches, rather than hot.
- To make an open-face sandwich, place the lettuce, mango slices and chicken thighs on toasted thick slices of country-style bread.
- Use boneless turkey breast halves instead of chicken thighs. Because they are a denser meat, they cook more quickly — roast 10 to 12 minutes.
- Experiment with the fruit you use — try slices of fresh pineapple, peach, or kiwi fruit. If you use canned fruits, select ones canned in fruit juice rather than syrup, to keep the calorie count low.
- For Chicken and Vegetable Sandwich, top the roasted mustard-glazed chicken with a grated zucchini, carrot, and sweet onion salad, or serve with a carrot and white cabbage coleslaw.
- Whole-grain mustard adds texture to the sandwich, but if you prefer you can substitute a smooth mustard.
Healthy Cooking Tip
Honey provides energy for the body, and is a healthier option than sugar.
Nutritional Information(per serving)
- Calories: 365
- Fat: 9g
- Saturated Fat: 2g
- Carbs: 49g
- Sugars: 19g
- Protein: 25g
- Fiber: 5g