- prep 1 hr cook 4 hrs
- serves 4
Inspired by Mediterranean cooking methods, this salad of roasted vegetables has a rich flavor cut by a piquant dressing. It is ideal for a healthy mid-week meal with crusty bread, some pasta, or couscous.
It is also good as a dinner-party appetizer and delicious with grilled fish, poultry, or meat.
- 1 small eggplant, cut into 1-inch-thick slices
- 1 red pepper, cored, seeded, and cut into 2-inch squares
- 1 yellow pepper, cored, seeded, and cut into 2-inch squares
- 4 baby zucchini, halved lengthways
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 garlic clove, crushed
- 4 canned anchovy fillets, drained and finely chopped (optional)
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped fresh rosemary
- Salt and pepper
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 tablespoon red wine vinegar
- 1 teaspoon honey
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- Sprigs of fresh rosemary (optional)
How to make it 5 hours
Some More Ideas
Replace the zucchini with 1/2 pound plum tomatoes, halved, and use fresh thyme instead of rosemary. Roast the eggplant and peppers for 30 minutes, then add the tomatoes, and roast for a further 15 minutes without covering with foil.
For a vegetarian version, omit the anchovies and add 2 tablespoons chopped capers.
* Eggplant is satisfyingly filling but low in calories. Three ounces contains just 15 calories. It is renowned for absorbing oil when fried, but cooking it this way keeps the fat content very low.
* Roasting brings out all the natural flavors of the vegetables. Serve this to people who typically do not like vegetables and watch them enjoy this dish!
* All of the vegetables in this dish are good sources of fiber and they provide lots of vitamins and minerals.
Nutritional Information(per serving)
- Calories: 109
- Calories from Fat: 64
- Fat: 7g
- Saturated Fat: 1g
- Cholesterol: 0mg
- Sodium: 34mg
- Carbs: 12g
- Sugars: 7g
- Protein: 2g
- Fiber: 3g
Exchanges: fruit 1, fat 2
Just found the worst page in the entire dictionary. What I saw was disgraceful, disgusting, dishonest, and disingenuous.
Client: We need you to log in to the YouTube and make all our company videos viral.
My cat just walked up to the paper shredder and said, “Teach me everything you know.”
“Just because you can’t dance doesn’t mean you shouldn’t dance.” —Alcohol
@yoyoha (Josh Hara)
My parents didn’t want to move to Florida, but they turned 60 and that’s the law.
Q: What do you call an Amish guy with his hand in a horse’s mouth?
A: A mechanic.