Confused about skin-care terminology? Here’s what several common terms mean:
- Collagen. A protein that contributes to the elasticity of skin tissue.
- Emollient. A lotion or cream that helps make skin smoother and softer.
- Exfoliant. Any product that helps to remove dead cells from the skin’s surface.
- Humectant. A product that promotes the retention of moisture in the skin.
- Hydration. The process of bringing more water into skin tissues.
- SPF. Stands for sun protection factor, a numeric scale used to establish the effectiveness of a product at blocking the harmful rays of sunlight from reaching the skin. The higher the number, the greater the protection.
- AHA. Stands for alpha-hydroxy acid. A natural acid, often derived from fruit, that helps slough off dead skin and speed up cell renewal. AHAs have emerged as one of the most important ingredients in skin care.
Stealth Healthbuy NOW$31.96