1. Never overload an electrical receptacle with extension cords or three-way adapters. If you need to plug a lot of things into a single receptacle, use a power strip.
2. Never run electrical cords under carpets or rugs, over nails, in traffic areas, or where there is chance of wear.
3. Don’t misuse extension cords. Never use a standard household extension cord for a major appliance or a heat-producing appliance; instead use a heavy-duty appliance cord that can carry the load.
4. When purchasing any electrical device, choose only one that carries the Underwriters Laboratory (UL) or Factory Mutual (FM) rating.
5. Don’t pull on an electrical cord to unplug it. Grasp the plug firmly and pull out straight so you don’t bend the prongs.
6. Replace any cord or plug that is cracked or discolored or feels hot to the touch when in use. If the original wire or plug is polarized (one prong is wider than the other), or if it has a third grounding prong, replace it with similar equipment.
7. Call an electrician if your lights flicker and your appliances run sluggishly, or if you have a fuse that repeatedly blows or a circuit breaker that trips often. These are signs that the system is overloaded.
8. Don’t use a bulb with more wattage than a lamp or fixture is rated to accommodate, or the unit will overheat.
Some people like to travel by train because it combines the slowness of a car with the cramped public exposure of an airplane.
I think my pilot was a little inexperienced. We were sitting on the runway, and he said, “OK, folks, we’re gonna be taking off in a just few—whoa! Here we go.”
“I can’t wait until your vacation is over.” —Everyone following you on Instagram
A man knocked on my door and asked for a donation toward the local swimming pool. So I gave him a glass of water.
Comedian Greg Davies
Just found the worst page in the entire dictionary. What I saw was disgraceful, disgusting, dishonest, and disingenuous.
Client: We need you to log in to the YouTube and make all our company videos viral.
My cat just walked up to the paper shredder and said, “Teach me everything you know.”
“Just because you can’t dance doesn’t mean you shouldn’t dance.” —Alcohol
@yoyoha (Josh Hara)
My parents didn’t want to move to Florida, but they turned 60 and that’s the law.
Q: What do you call an Amish guy with his hand in a horse’s mouth?
A: A mechanic.