After you’ve cooked a meal, your kitchen should not look like the food fight scene from Animal House. Here are some suggestions to ensure your kitchen receives the same applause as the meals it helps to make:
1. To keep airborne grease and such away from counters, turn on the exhaust fan when you’re cooking on the stovetop.
2. To cut down on jumping tomato sauce and other messes, use big pots and pans, with their lids.
3. When you deep-fry, sauté, or otherwise cook foods that spit, line kitchen counters around your stove with newspapers or paper grocery bags, cut open to extend them. (Always keep these papers away from any heat source.)
4. For oven splatters from a pie or casserole bubbling over, sprinkle the stains with salt to keep the smoke down and to make your eventual cleanup job much easier.
5. To protect the fabric in kitchen chairs, which is always under assault, especially from kids dribbling oatmeal and ice cream, have the fabric laminated for easy wiping.
6. If you have removable cushions on your chairs, have just one side laminated. The easy-wipe side is for everyday use, and the other side is for special occasions. To find someone to laminate fabric for you, consult a fabric store or go through an interior designer.
Some people like to travel by train because it combines the slowness of a car with the cramped public exposure of an airplane.
I think my pilot was a little inexperienced. We were sitting on the runway, and he said, “OK, folks, we’re gonna be taking off in a just few—whoa! Here we go.”
“I can’t wait until your vacation is over.” —Everyone following you on Instagram
A man knocked on my door and asked for a donation toward the local swimming pool. So I gave him a glass of water.
Comedian Greg Davies
Just found the worst page in the entire dictionary. What I saw was disgraceful, disgusting, dishonest, and disingenuous.
Client: We need you to log in to the YouTube and make all our company videos viral.
My cat just walked up to the paper shredder and said, “Teach me everything you know.”
“Just because you can’t dance doesn’t mean you shouldn’t dance.” —Alcohol
@yoyoha (Josh Hara)
My parents didn’t want to move to Florida, but they turned 60 and that’s the law.
Q: What do you call an Amish guy with his hand in a horse’s mouth?
A: A mechanic.