The folks behind Apartment Therapy (“saving the world, one room at a time”) have a huge following and an award-winning website with very thorough cleaning tips:
- Wet the sink, sprinkle baking soda over the surface and scrub, then rinse.
- Use a soft-bristled toothbrush and the same paste to clean the rim and caulk — and the rubber flap on the garbage disposal if you have one.
- Line the sink with paper towels that you’ve soaked in white vinegar. Leave them there for 20 minutes.
- Once more around with the nylon sponge and soapy water. Rinse.
- For garbage disposals: Pour a half cup of baking soda down the drain, then a cup of white vinegar. Boil a kettle of water. Pour the boiling water down the drain. Add two cups of ice and one cup of rock salt to the drain. Turn on the disposal until it goes down. Take a lime or lemon, cut it in half, and send each half down the disposal.
- Use soapy water and vinegared paper towels to clean the faucet too.
- You shouldn’t have to bend over to clean your tub. The site’s Bethany Adams recommends the Michael Graves for Target 2-in-1 Surface Cleaner (available in stores but not online), a telescoping, triangular sponge/brush hybrid that’s good for tight spaces.
- Cleaning pastes and scrubs perform and smell better than sprays and go further. Adams likes Method Le Scrub in eucalyptus mint.
- Use the tool with the scrub. Rinse.
Plus: 6 DIY Household Cleaners
Some people like to travel by train because it combines the slowness of a car with the cramped public exposure of an airplane.
I think my pilot was a little inexperienced. We were sitting on the runway, and he said, “OK, folks, we’re gonna be taking off in a just few—whoa! Here we go.”
“I can’t wait until your vacation is over.” —Everyone following you on Instagram
A man knocked on my door and asked for a donation toward the local swimming pool. So I gave him a glass of water.
Comedian Greg Davies
Just found the worst page in the entire dictionary. What I saw was disgraceful, disgusting, dishonest, and disingenuous.
Client: We need you to log in to the YouTube and make all our company videos viral.
My cat just walked up to the paper shredder and said, “Teach me everything you know.”
“Just because you can’t dance doesn’t mean you shouldn’t dance.” —Alcohol
@yoyoha (Josh Hara)
My parents didn’t want to move to Florida, but they turned 60 and that’s the law.
Q: What do you call an Amish guy with his hand in a horse’s mouth?
A: A mechanic.