You spend about a third of your life in the bedroom, so why not make it a comfortable, soothing refuge? Here are a few tips to help you transform your bedroom’s atmosphere.
1. Clear your room of clutter. Smooth, clean surfaces act as a balm on your brain, so clear away clutter, put away all the clothes strewn on your bedroom chair, and buy a bookshelf for that stack of books collecting dust.
2. Once a week, put fresh flowers in your room. A study found that female office workers felt more relaxed when they were working near a vase of flowers. Just imagine how nice it would feel to sleep near one.
3. Scent your room with essential oils. In aromatherapy, a number of scents are recognized as particularly useful for reducing stress. There are several easy ways to introduce these scents into your bedroom. One is to buy a light bulb ring (a device that you set onto a cold light bulb), add a couple of drops of essential oil, and turn on the lamp to let the oil warm and scent the air. Another is to buy or make potpourri, a collection of dried herbs treated with essential oils. Or mix in a spray bottle 50ml of water, plus a drop or two of your favorite oils, and use the scent as an air freshener. Relaxing scents include bergamot, chamomile, lavender, lemon, marjoram, neroli, orange, sandalwood, valerian and ylang-ylang.
4. When choosing bedroom hues, go for blue. Scientists say that the color blue affects the autonomic nervous system – the part that operates without your conscious control – to lower the heart rate and blood pressure, and slow the breathing. Proponents of colour therapy say that blue has a calming, relaxing effect and helps lull you to sleep. If the room is due for a fresh coat of paint, go for a blue tone. If not, try adding sky-colored blankets, pillows and rugs.
5. Try a few feng shui tips. Feng shui aims to achieve harmony between your spiritual self and your physical environment. According to this ancient discipline, proper positioning of elements of a room creates the desired energy flow and balance of forces. Practitioners recommend that you position your bed on the opposite side of the room from the bedroom door – not directly in front of the door, but diagonally across the room from it; position the bed so that when you lie in it, a window is to your right (to feed you positive energy when you wake up); and keep desks and computers, along with their work-related energy, out of the bedroom.
Just found the worst page in the entire dictionary. What I saw was disgraceful, disgusting, dishonest, and disingenuous.
Client: We need you to log in to the YouTube and make all our company videos viral.
My cat just walked up to the paper shredder and said, “Teach me everything you know.”
“Just because you can’t dance doesn’t mean you shouldn’t dance.” —Alcohol
@yoyoha (Josh Hara)
My parents didn’t want to move to Florida, but they turned 60 and that’s the law.
Q: What do you call an Amish guy with his hand in a horse’s mouth?
A: A mechanic.