Seasonal plants for autumn are often overlooked, yet they give a generous display right up until the frosts arrive, and even longer in a sheltered spot or an unheated porch. Get the most value from your autumn pots and hanging baskets by planting early. A blend of flowers, fruits, and foliage ensures a tremendous show of color; and to achieve this don’t be afraid to use some plants more usually grown indoors.
- Florists’ cyclamen, the type sold as houseplants, bear masses of flowers in white, pink, red, and purple, often with the bonus of scent.
- Winter cherry (Solanum capsicastrum) has small, bright orange fruits.
- Frost-tender heathers (Erica gracilis) bear white, pink, or red flowers. These look lovely with ornamental with frilled leaves patterned in shades of pink, purple, cream, and green.
- Winter-flowering pansies will bloom during mild spells in winter and again in spring.
- Chrysanthemums, the quintessential flower of autumn, make a glorious show of colorful blooms in a wide range of colors.
Just found the worst page in the entire dictionary. What I saw was disgraceful, disgusting, dishonest, and disingenuous.
Client: We need you to log in to the YouTube and make all our company videos viral.
My cat just walked up to the paper shredder and said, “Teach me everything you know.”
“Just because you can’t dance doesn’t mean you shouldn’t dance.” —Alcohol
@yoyoha (Josh Hara)
My parents didn’t want to move to Florida, but they turned 60 and that’s the law.
Q: What do you call an Amish guy with his hand in a horse’s mouth?
A: A mechanic.