Pamper loved ones with a gift of this sweet-smelling moisturizing mixture. The ingredients are available from your local health-food and craft stores.
You will need:
1 cup almond or pecan oil
Concentrated candle dye (optional)
1/4 teaspoon pure vitamin-E oil
1/2 teaspoon essential oil, for scent
Dried herbs or flowers (such as lavender sprigs or rose petals)
8-ounce bottle with cork stopper
12-inch length waxed beige cord
12-inch length 1/2-inch-wide ribbon
Red sealing wax and stamp
What to Do
1. Measure almond or pecan oil. If coloring oil, pour off about 1/8 cup into custard cup. Shave 3 to 4 slivers of candle dye into custard cup oil, microwave on high 10 seconds and stir with chopstick. Repeat until dye is melted and color is evenly distributed, then return mixture to measuring cup. Add vitamin-E oil and essential oil, pour entire contents into bottle and insert cork stopper.
2. For visual interest, drop in dried herbs or flowers.
3. Create label and attach to bottle using rubber cement.
4. Loop waxed cord around bottle neck, catching ribbon at back.Then draw both ribbon ends over top of bottle and down front.
5. Wind cord around neck, tie off and cut excess. Trim ribbon ends. To apply sealing wax, cover stamp with a thin coat of vegetable oil. Light candle and hold sealing wax over flame for 10 seconds. Then cut a 1/8-inch circle from softened wax with a sharp knife. Using tweezers, position wax on ribbon ends, then impress with stamp.
Yields 1 cup bath oil.
Some people like to travel by train because it combines the slowness of a car with the cramped public exposure of an airplane.
I think my pilot was a little inexperienced. We were sitting on the runway, and he said, “OK, folks, we’re gonna be taking off in a just few—whoa! Here we go.”
“I can’t wait until your vacation is over.” —Everyone following you on Instagram
A man knocked on my door and asked for a donation toward the local swimming pool. So I gave him a glass of water.
Comedian Greg Davies
Just found the worst page in the entire dictionary. What I saw was disgraceful, disgusting, dishonest, and disingenuous.
Client: We need you to log in to the YouTube and make all our company videos viral.
My cat just walked up to the paper shredder and said, “Teach me everything you know.”
“Just because you can’t dance doesn’t mean you shouldn’t dance.” —Alcohol
@yoyoha (Josh Hara)
My parents didn’t want to move to Florida, but they turned 60 and that’s the law.
Q: What do you call an Amish guy with his hand in a horse’s mouth?
A: A mechanic.