Transform a tired patch of lawn into a functional patio with cement pavers you customize yourself. Here’s how:
1. Measure the area that will become your patio and determine how many 12” cement pavers you’ll need.
2. Once you’ve purchased the pavers, lay them out on a drop cloth. If you’re happy with the color, skip to Step 7. To stain the pavers a variety of colors, first give each one a double coat of cement sealer and then let them dry for 15 minutes.
3. To create the stain, mix equal parts paint, water, and cement sealer in a bucket. Repeat for each color of stain you plan to use.
4. Use a roller to paint the pavers in your desired color(s). You may need to use two coats. Let dry for 15 minutes.
5. Apply another coat of sealer to each paver. Apply a third coat for a glossier finish.
6. Dig out the area you’ve designated for the patio. Your hole should be approximately one inch deeper than the height of the pavers.
7. Smooth the ground and fill in with a layer of sand (approximately one inch deep). Be sure to use washed sand, as unwashed sand can damage your soil.
8. Arrange the pavers to your liking and use a mallet to secure them in place.
9. Spread a thin layer of sand over the patio and fill in between pavers where necessary.
Optional: To create a border, lay thin planks of weather-treated wood around the pavers.
Wheel over the grill, set up the patio furniture, and relax!
Some people like to travel by train because it combines the slowness of a car with the cramped public exposure of an airplane.
I think my pilot was a little inexperienced. We were sitting on the runway, and he said, “OK, folks, we’re gonna be taking off in a just few—whoa! Here we go.”
“I can’t wait until your vacation is over.” —Everyone following you on Instagram
A man knocked on my door and asked for a donation toward the local swimming pool. So I gave him a glass of water.
Comedian Greg Davies
Just found the worst page in the entire dictionary. What I saw was disgraceful, disgusting, dishonest, and disingenuous.
Client: We need you to log in to the YouTube and make all our company videos viral.
My cat just walked up to the paper shredder and said, “Teach me everything you know.”
“Just because you can’t dance doesn’t mean you shouldn’t dance.” —Alcohol
@yoyoha (Josh Hara)
My parents didn’t want to move to Florida, but they turned 60 and that’s the law.
Q: What do you call an Amish guy with his hand in a horse’s mouth?
A: A mechanic.