We know you’d never do it, but some people concoct crazy stories so they can skip work. Here are a few, collected by hiring managers:
• Employee said a chicken attacked his mom.
• Employee had a hair transplant that went bad.
• Employee called in sick from a bar at 5 p.m. the night before.
• Employee had to mow the lawn to avoid a lawsuit from the homeowners’ association.
• Employee’s finger was stuck in a bowling ball.
• Employee fell asleep at his desk while at work and hit his head, causing a neck injury.