1. Eligibility: The Reader’s Digest Great American Flag Photo Contest (the “Contest”) is sponsored by Trusted Media Brands, Inc. (“Sponsor”) and is open to legal U.S. residents 18 years of age or older at time of entry. The following persons are not eligible to participate in this Contest: employees, officers and directors, and their immediate family members and members of their household (whether related or not), of Sponsor, its affiliated or subsidiary companies and any judging organization, supplier, or agency used for this Contest. This Contest is governed by the applicable laws of the USA. Void where prohibited by law.
2. How to Enter: Contest begins at noon Eastern Time (“ET”) on January 11, 2016, and ends at 9:00 am ET on March 14, 2016. All entries must be received by 9:00 am ET on March 14, 2016. To enter, visit rd.com/photocontest and follow the instructions. All entries must include your full name, address, city, state, zip, telephone number, email address and a photograph showcasing your photographic interpretation of the American flag and a caption of 100 words or less describing why you chose this photograph to represent the theme. Photographs must be submitted as small electronic files: They must be 1 MB maximum (500 pixels @72 dpi), JPEG format only. If accepted for publication, an image file size of at least 8” x 10” @300 dpi will be required. Name each file with your full name. Digital photos must meet these resolution requirements, necessary for publication. Instructions regarding how to upload the photo will be provided at rd.com/photocontest. Photos that are not viewable for any reason will be rejected. Captions may not exceed 100 words. Follow the instructions at rd.com/photocontest for how to upload the caption. All information provided by entrant must be complete, true, and correct. Entries submitted in geographic areas in which the entry is not permissible will be disqualified. If entries do not contain all necessary information, entrant will be disqualified. Please be certain to follow all directions. The submission must be the original work of entrant and not previously published. Each submission must not infringe the copyright, trademark, privacy, publicity or other intellectual property rights of any person or entity. Except as may be prohibited by applicable law, you grant Sponsor and its licensees unrestricted use of your entry worldwide in all print and electronic media, now or hereafter existing, in any language, without time limitation, and the right to use your name, hometown (e.g., city and state) and/or likeness in connection therewith (including for advertising and trade purposes) without further compensation or authorization. Your entry may be cropped or edited for brevity and clarity, at Sponsor’s discretion. Winners agree to assign all rights to their entries to Sponsor. In the event the Contest is entered via a mobile device, Message and Data charges may apply.
3. Judging and Winner Selection: Contest closes at 9:00 am ET Monday, March 14, 2016. The winners of the Contest will be determined by judging all qualifying submissions based on the following criteria: 1) quality of photograph 50% and 2) interesting, well-written caption (not to exceed 100 words) 50%. All entries will be judged using the criteria stated above. If there is a tie, the entrant with the highest score in the latter criterion will be the winner. All judging will be accomplished by a panel of Reader’s Digest editors and photography experts. Decision of the judges is final and binding on all matters relating to this Contest. Winners will be selected within 30 days of the entry closing date.
4. Prizes: One (1) grand-prize winner will receive $500; three (3) runners-up will receive $125 each. The total value of all prizes in this Contest is $875. All taxes, if any, are the winners’ responsibility. Sponsor will not be responsible for any loss, liability or damage arising out of any winner’s acceptance or use of the prize. Prizes are not transferable and cannot be assigned or substituted. Sponsor reserves the right to substitute a similar prize of equal or greater value in the event that the stated prize cannot be awarded due to circumstances beyond the control of the Sponsor. All prizes are guaranteed to be awarded provided a sufficient number of qualifying entries is received.
5. Notification of Winners: Winners will be notified by phone or email within 14 days of selection and may be required to execute a Statement of Eligibility and Release and Payment Authorization within 14 days of prize notification attempt or winner will be disqualified and prize may be awarded to an alternate winner. Return of prize or prize notification as undeliverable will result in disqualification and an alternate winner may be selected. In the event any winner is a minor in his or her place of residence all required documentation must be signed by parent or legal guardian.
6. Conditions: Sponsor is not liable for any malfunctions or failures of any telephone network or lines, computer internet system, servers or providers, computer equipment, software, failure of any email on account of technical problems or traffic congestion on the internet or at any website, or any combination thereof, including any injury or damage to participant’s or any other person’s computer, mobile or any other device and/or its contents related to or resulting from participation in or downloading/uploading any materials relating to this Contest, or other technical difficulties or failures or other errors of any kind. Sponsor reserves the right to terminate or modify the Contest at any time for any reason. In such a circumstance, the winners will be selected based on entries received to date of termination. Sponsor also reserves the right to modify this Contest in the event an insufficient number of entries are received and/or an insufficient number of entries meet the minimum judging criteria. In the event that two similar entries are received, only the entry judged to best meet criteria as set by Sponsor will be included in the final judging. Entrants agree to indemnify Sponsor, its affiliated and subsidiary companies from and against any and all claims and liabilities arising out of or in connection with this Contest. In the event of any dispute regarding the identity of an online entrant, the entry will be deemed submitted by the authorized account holder of the email address submitted at the time of entry. “Authorized account holder” is defined as the natural person who is assigned to an email address by an internet access provider, online service provider, or other organization (e.g., business, educational institute) that is responsible for assigning email addresses for the domain associated with the submitted email address. Sponsor is the official timekeeper for this Contest. Sponsor, in its sole discretion, reserves the right to disqualify any person tampering with the operation of the website or the entry process.
7. Anticipated Number of Entries: The total number of contestants anticipated nationwide is 1,000.
8. Winner List/Consumer Information: If you wish to receive a list of prizewinners, have any questions about the Contest, or you do not want to receive future sweepstakes or skill contest mailings from Sponsor, specify your request and write to: Reader’s Digest Great American Flag Photo Contest (#160), P.O. Box 50005, Prescott, AZ 86301-5005. Request for list of winners must be received by December 31, 2016.
Just found the worst page in the entire dictionary. What I saw was disgraceful, disgusting, dishonest, and disingenuous.
Client: We need you to log in to the YouTube and make all our company videos viral.
My cat just walked up to the paper shredder and said, “Teach me everything you know.”
“Just because you can’t dance doesn’t mean you shouldn’t dance.” —Alcohol
@yoyoha (Josh Hara)
My parents didn’t want to move to Florida, but they turned 60 and that’s the law.
Q: What do you call an Amish guy with his hand in a horse’s mouth?
A: A mechanic.