Most births don’t make headlines unless the mother is, say, Snooki. But the arrival of Chicago mom Sara Connell’s son, Finnean, did, because it wasn’t Sara who gave birth: It was her 61-year-old mother, Kristine Casey, who acted as a surrogate.
As you might imagine, that wasn’t a decision anyone made lightly, but after Sara and her husband, Bill, tried years of fertility treatments—and after Sara lost a third pregnancy following the shattering loss of twins at 27 weeks—Kristine made the remarkable offer, and Sara and Bill said yes.
Bringing in Finn: An Extraordinary Surrogacy Story, is Sara’s bracingly honest memoir, and it’s a testament to the power of family. Far from being sensational, it’s a moving and inspiring look at unusual choices made with love.
Still not sold? Watch the incredible preview below—you’ll see why you can’t pass this one up.
More About Inspiring Stories
What You’re Sharing
- How a Tiny Facebook Page Sparked a Movement of Kindness in Shorewood, Wisconsin
- When a Police Shooting Threatened to Tear This Town Apart, What Happened Next Will Restore Your Faith in Humanity
- The Tiny Town of 1,000 That Raised $45,000 in One Day
- How This Woman Turned a Passion for Travel into a Six-Figure Salary—Really!
- The Second-Most-Decorated U.S. Paralympian Is a Double Amputee Who’s Been Competing Since the Age of 12