In the moving video below, news anchor Jennifer Livingston, of CBS affiliate WKBT in LaCrosse, Wisconsin, boldly speaks up on air against a viewer who wrote in to comment maliciously on her weight. Her action has sparked a national wave of support across all media, including newspapers, broadcast and online news outlets, and social media like her newscast’s Facebook page.
Since October is National Bully Prevention Month, it’s a great time to pay it forward and share Jennifer’s important message. Or better yet, stand up to bullying in your own community. Need ideas? Visit http://www.stopbullying.gov/.
More About Inspiring Stories
What You’re Sharing
- How a Tiny Facebook Page Sparked a Movement of Kindness in Shorewood, Wisconsin
- When a Police Shooting Threatened to Tear This Town Apart, What Happened Next Will Restore Your Faith in Humanity
- The Tiny Town of 1,000 That Raised $45,000 in One Day
- How This Woman Turned a Passion for Travel into a Six-Figure Salary—Really!
- The Second-Most-Decorated U.S. Paralympian Is a Double Amputee Who’s Been Competing Since the Age of 12