If you’re a bit of a cinephile—or just someone who really, really likes celebrities—clear your schedule now: New York Magazine‘s Vulture blog is going to sap every minute of your afternoon with its new 100 Most Valuable Stars interactive feature.
Far from a glitzy look at Hollywood’s finest, here you can choose various back-office criteria (likeability, Oscar wins, overseas box office, et cetera) and see which actor comes out on top of the movie-magic algorithm. For example, Daniel “Harry Potter” Radcliffe may have raked in $640,000,000 overseas, but nudge the “likeability” bar up and Will Smith knocks him out of the top spot as MVP.
Like real Hollywood, it’s not all about numbers, of course. There are detailed write-ups on every star through a newsier lens, so you can learn not just who are the silver-screen’s heaviest hitters, but also how the biz views them. Why can’t statistics be this fun all the time?
More About Culture
What You’re Sharing
- 20 Books You Really Should Have Read By Now
- 50 Little Etiquette Rules You Should Always Practice
- Kate Middleton Just Paid Tribute to Princess Diana In the Most Beautiful Way Possible
- This Baby Is the First Girl Born in Her Family in 137 Years
- 20 Confidence-Boosting Quotes from Seriously Awesome Women in History