We all love those pictures of people who look like their pets, but I’m also kind of obsessed with a growing body of research on what your preferred dog breed may indicate about your own disposition. Two separate studies, one to be published in the journal Personality and Individual Differences and another presented a few months ago at the British Psychological Society annual meeting, reveal these fun associations:
* People who are hostile and aggressive are more likely to own aggressive breeds like German shepherds and rottweilers.
* People who are extroverted are more likely to own pastoral and utility dogs like German shepherds and bulldogs.
* People who are conscientious are more likely to own utility, toy, and gundogs like bulldogs, Chihuahuas, and golden retrievers.
* People who are emotionally stable are more likely to own hound dogs (ie, greyhounds).
* People who love new experiences are more likely to own toy dogs like Chihuahuas.
* People who are agreeable are more likely to own gundogs and toy dogs like golden retrievers and Chihuahuas.
Dog owners, do you agree?