12 Foodie Things to Do this Fall
Celebrate the best of the fall season with these fun, fresh, and delicious ideas for apple desserts, pumpkin recipes, slow cooker treats and more.
By Rachel Mount Hofstetter
1. Cinnamon roll + pie = cinnamon roll pie crust
Steal this genius idea from Taste for Adventure—all you need are thin slices of cinnamon roll dough (store-bought or homemade).
2. Apples + ice cream = edible sundae bowls
Scoop out apples and fill with ice cream and caramel sauce...and just imagine, no sticky bowls to clean! Get detailed instructions here>>
3. Pumpkin + vanilla yogurt = pumpkin pie smoothie
Pioneer Woman's take on pumpkin pie is cold, creamy, and might even top the original. Get the easy recipe >>
4. Cheese + Halloween cookie cutters = burgers with holiday flair
Who knew American cheese could be so spooky? Cut out cheese with a cookie cutter or knife before placing on hot burgers.
5. Cotton candy + fizzy water = a magical drink
Slowly pour sparkling water (like Perrier) over cotton candy and you'll get surprisingly mysterious colorful bubbles.
6. Lemon and thyme + vanilla = a delicious smelling home
Here's the secret stores like Williams Sonoma use: simmer a pot of water with rosemary sprigs, lemon slices, and a dash of vanilla on the stove for a warm, inviting scent. Bonus: it's cheap!
7. Baked sweet potatoes + marshmallows = festive everyday side dish
You don't have to save the sweet potato-marshmallow combo for Thanksgiving—just add toppings to your regular baked sweet spud. Get the recipe >>
8. Cell phone + treat-inspired cover = Call Me Foodie
Whether it's an ice cream sandwich, french fries, or a pop tart, turn your phone into a sweet reminder of your favorite eats.
9. Apple rings + a deep fryer = apple "doughnuts"
Lightly battered, deep-fried apple rings? Is there anything to say except 'yes, please!'? Here's the recipe >>
10. A slow cooker + cake = no-fuss rocky road delight!
We suggest you start with this Rocky Road Chocolate Cake >>
11. Warm milk + cinnamon and spices = a cozy nighttime beverage
Those first chilly nights will be even better with a steaming mug of this richly spiced milk in hand >>
12. Hummus + pumpkin = a healthy, seasonal dip
Who knew pumpkin could take a star turn in savory dishes—and especially an easy appetizer like this hummus?
More About Food Fun & News