13 Funny Quotes on Sleep
Daylight Saving Time begins on March 14. These funny quotes from celebrities will prepare you for the sleep you are about to lose.
from Treasury of Wit & Wisdom
1. Some people talk in their sleep. Lecturers talk while other people sleep.
– Albert Camus
© Brand X Pictures/Thinkstock
2. People who say they sleep like a baby usually don't have one.
– Leo J. Burke
3. Nice guys finish last, but we get to sleep in.
– Evan Davis
4. Everyone should have kids. They are the greatest joy in the world. But they are also terrorists. You'll realize this as soon as they are born and they start using sleep deprivation to break you.
– Ray Romano in Everything and a Kite (Bantam)
5. Laugh and the world laughs with you, snore and you sleep alone.
– Anthony Burgess
6. Some national parks have long waiting lists for camping reservations. When you have to wait a year to sleep next to a tree, something is wrong.
– George Carlin
Left: © Tom Brakefield/Stockbyte/Thinkstock; Right: © Jupiterimages/BananaStock/Thinkstock
7. The lion and the calf shall lie down together but the calf won't get much sleep.
– Woody Allen
8. I think sleeping was my problem in school. If school had started at four in the afternoon, I'd be a college graduate today.
– George Foreman
9. It seemed the world was divided into good and bad people. The good ones slept better . . . while the bad ones seemed to enjoy the waking hours much more.
– Woody Allen
© Jupiterimages/Polka Dot/Thinkstock
10. Always get married early in the morning. That way, if it doesn't work out, you haven't wasted a whole day.
– Mickey Rooney
11. I feel sorry for people who do not drink. When they wake up in the morning it is as good as they are going to feel all day.
– Frank Sinatra
12. The early bird gets the worm. The early worm . . . gets eaten.
– Norman R. Augustine