6 Time-Wasting Internet Tips
Waste time, make time. The University of Melbourne found that workers who used the Internet for personal reasons were 9 percent more productive than those who didn’t. And doesn’t everyone deserve a five-minute vacation every once in a while, especially now that summer is over?
from Reader's Digest | October 2009
2. Find artful, calming, even transformative videos-the kind you’d see in theaters that sell carrot cake instead of Mike and Ikes-on vimeo.com. It’s the foreign-film equivalent of YouTube.
3. People who don’t know how to use quotation marks use them with abandon, and the signs they create are hilariously cataloged, then mercilessly mocked at unnecessaryquotes.com.
4. Follow your money across the country. Type in the serial number of a bill at wheresgeorge.com and watch it travel through what’s left of the U.S. monetary system.
5. See all 44 U.S. presidents morph from George Washington to Barack Obama in under four minutes-to Ravel’s Boléro. Go to flixxy.com and search for “presidents morph.”
6. Balls drop and ping across the computer screen. You control where they go with barriers that you draw with your cursor. Download free at balldroppings.com.