What Does a Serving Size Look Like?
Use these common objects to properly size your servings without weighing everything you eat.
from Magic Foods
1. A 3-ounce (85 gram) serving of cooked meat is the size of a deck of cards.
2. A 3-ounce (85 gram) serving of fish is the size of a checkbook.
3. An ounce (30 gram) of cheese is the size of four dice.
4. An ounce (30 gram) of sliced cheese is the diameter of a CD.
5. A half cup of pasta or rice is the size of a baseball cut in half.
6. A cup of cold cereal is the size of a baseball.
7. A medium baked potato is the size of a personal-size bar of soap.
8. Two tablespoons of peanut butter is the size of a ping-pong ball.
9. Two tablespoons of salad dressing is the size of a shot glass.
10. A 6-ounce (180 milliliter) serving of juice is the size of a small yogurt container.
11. A medium piece of fruit, such as an apple, is the size of a tennis ball.
More About Diet & Weight Loss