GRAND-PRIZE WINNER: TIMELESS
By Michelle Brueger, Bennettsville, South Carolina
I’ve always been a daddy’s girl. On road trips, we competed over who sported the most hawks first. Our favorite competition was, upon seeing each other, who could say the words “I love you best” first. If I got him first, Dad would reply, “I’ll get you—just wait.”
My dad died the night before my 50th birthday. The next day, Mom brought me a gift, saying, “This is from your dad. He bought it for you five years ago.” Inside was a beautiful gold pocket watch. Engraved on the inside were the words I love you best—Gotcha.
Next: A Beautiful Mistake »
More About Inspiring Stories
What You’re Sharing
- How These Twin Babies Were Born with Different Skin Colors
- Vote for the Nicest Place in America!
- The Greatest Gift This Dad Ever Gave His Daughter Will Definitely Make You Cry
- How Presidents Met Their First Ladies: 10 True Love Stories to Make You Say ‘Awww’
- 15 of the Most Inspirational and Uplifting Nelson Mandela Quotes