According to Joan Matthews, the mayor of Boley, the We Hear You America campaign helped shine a spotlight on this small town, and “boosted morale of citizens and showed what you can do if you work together.”
As a result of receiving $10,000 in seed money from Reader’s Digest, Boley was able to start a new civic-pride organization called “Keep Boley Clean,” allocate some money to the volunteer community fire department, and contribute to the Chamber of Commerce and its effort to replace the town’s fire hydrants.
More About Inspiring Stories
What You’re Sharing
- How These Twin Babies Were Born with Different Skin Colors
- Vote for the Nicest Place in America!
- The Greatest Gift This Dad Ever Gave His Daughter Will Definitely Make You Cry
- How Presidents Met Their First Ladies: 10 True Love Stories to Make You Say ‘Awww’
- 15 of the Most Inspirational and Uplifting Nelson Mandela Quotes