1. Taylorville, Illinois
Pigs living under the county courthouse were so loud, Abraham Lincoln requested a "writ of quietus" for them.
2. Coleman, Michigan
When a local was killed in Iraq, the townspeople created a memorial to honor all fallen U.S. soldiers.
3. Pawling, New York
A local church hosts an annual blessing of the animals for all: dogs, hamsters, and even snakes and hermit crabs.
Content continues below ad
4. White River Junction, Vermont
What began as a children's neighborhood garden has turned into an organic food bank for the town.
More About Inspiring Stories
What You’re Sharing
- How These Twin Babies Were Born with Different Skin Colors
- Vote for the Nicest Place in America!
- The Greatest Gift This Dad Ever Gave His Daughter Will Definitely Make You Cry
- How Presidents Met Their First Ladies: 10 True Love Stories to Make You Say ‘Awww’
- 15 of the Most Inspirational and Uplifting Nelson Mandela Quotes