1. Taylorville, Illinois
Pigs living under the county courthouse were so loud, Abraham Lincoln requested a "writ of quietus" for them.
2. Coleman, Michigan
When a local was killed in Iraq, the townspeople created a memorial to honor all fallen U.S. soldiers.
3. Pawling, New York
A local church hosts an annual blessing of the animals for all: dogs, hamsters, and even snakes and hermit crabs.
Content continues below ad
4. White River Junction, Vermont
What began as a children's neighborhood garden has turned into an organic food bank for the town.
More About Inspiring Stories
What You’re Sharing
- A Violent Storm Tossed This Fisherman into Eight-Foot Waves, Alone, Without a Lifejacket. But He Refused to Die.
- Armed Robbers Kidnapped Me in My Hometown. This Is How I Survived.
- This Grandmother Beat Breast Cancer with a Groundbreaking 20-Minute Treatment
- This Craftsman Has Made 145,000 Hammocks in 30 Years. Did We Mention He’s Blind?
- A Skating Party Led to More Than 60 Years of Marriage for This Inspiring Couple