It’s already that time of year: Starbucks’ annual red cups are out in full force, our favorite candies now wear red and green wrappers, and store windows reveal loving couples in cozy wintry dress. However, amidst the beginning of all this holiday cheer, the Veteran’s Day holiday (this Sunday, November 11) is a sober reminder of the 300,000 American troops still deployed abroad.
As many servicemen and women won’t be able return home for the holidays, and other families will spend this special time of year coping with the loss of a loved one killed in action, Christmas Decor, an American holiday lighting and professional decorating company, is giving back through what it does best. With the Decorated Family Program, now in its 10th season, Christmas Decor has decorated hundreds of military families’ homes. The stories from the families touched by the program will leave you teary-eyed.
If you know of a military family in need of some holiday cheer, you can nominate them through the Christmas Decor Facebook page until Thanksgiving (November 22). The company hopes to decorate at least 200 homes this year.
More About Inspiring Stories
What You’re Sharing
- How a Tiny Facebook Page Sparked a Movement of Kindness in Shorewood, Wisconsin
- When a Police Shooting Threatened to Tear This Town Apart, What Happened Next Will Restore Your Faith in Humanity
- The Tiny Town of 1,000 That Raised $45,000 in One Day
- How This Woman Turned a Passion for Travel into a Six-Figure Salary—Really!
- How One Woman Quit Her Cardio Workout and Finally Started Losing Weight