Most births don’t make headlines unless the mother is, say, Snooki. But the arrival of Chicago mom Sara Connell’s son, Finnean, did, because it wasn’t Sara who gave birth: It was her 61-year-old mother, Kristine Casey, who acted as a surrogate.
As you might imagine, that wasn’t a decision anyone made lightly, but after Sara and her husband, Bill, tried years of fertility treatments—and after Sara lost a third pregnancy following the shattering loss of twins at 27 weeks—Kristine made the remarkable offer, and Sara and Bill said yes.
Bringing in Finn: An Extraordinary Surrogacy Story, is Sara’s bracingly honest memoir, and it’s a testament to the power of family. Far from being sensational, it’s a moving and inspiring look at unusual choices made with love.
Still not sold? Watch the incredible preview below—you’ll see why you can’t pass this one up.
More About Inspiring Stories
What You’re Sharing
- The Husband Who Vanished
- The Reunion That Took 77 Years to Happen
- The Baby Who Refused to Die: 11 Hours in Room 407
- 26 Secrets of Happiness: Quotable Quotes
- Chilling Reincarnation Stories: Meet 3 Children Who Lived Before
- “Pull Yourself Together!”: Rob Lowe on the Unexpected Tears of Sending His Son to College