With no shortage of ways to remember the terrible events of September 11th, 2001, I’d like to recommend one you may have missed: “In Pictures,” a comprehensive photo memorial built by the New York Daily News for the 10th anniversary of the attacks that is, of course, still moving and relevant today.
Comprising images captured by the paper’s photo staff, the feature presents a unique opportunity to experience the fall of the World Trade Center as so many New Yorkers did. There are astonishing stories caught in every click of the shutter.
Of course, much of the content is difficult or disturbing, but there are moments of sheer inspiration as well: the “Memories live on in the streets of New York” slideshow presents an artistic response to tragedy, and “Forever loyal: Dogs search for survivors” displays an awe-inspiring rescue effort that I never knew about. Don’t miss it.
More About Inspiring Stories
What You’re Sharing
- How These Twin Babies Were Born with Different Skin Colors
- The Greatest Gift This Dad Ever Gave His Daughter Will Definitely Make You Cry
- How Presidents Met Their First Ladies: 10 True Love Stories to Make You Say ‘Awww’
- 15 of the Most Inspirational and Uplifting Nelson Mandela Quotes
- This School Replaced Detention with Meditation—and the Results Are Truly Mind-Blowing