In the moving video below, news anchor Jennifer Livingston, of CBS affiliate WKBT in LaCrosse, Wisconsin, boldly speaks up on air against a viewer who wrote in to comment maliciously on her weight. Her action has sparked a national wave of support across all media, including newspapers, broadcast and online news outlets, and social media like her newscast’s Facebook page.
Since October is National Bully Prevention Month, it’s a great time to pay it forward and share Jennifer’s important message. Or better yet, stand up to bullying in your own community. Need ideas? Visit http://www.stopbullying.gov/.
More About Inspiring Stories
What You’re Sharing
- The Husband Who Vanished
- The Reunion That Took 77 Years to Happen
- The Baby Who Refused to Die: 11 Hours in Room 407
- 26 Secrets of Happiness: Quotable Quotes
- Chilling Reincarnation Stories: Meet 3 Children Who Lived Before
- “Pull Yourself Together!”: Rob Lowe on the Unexpected Tears of Sending His Son to College