It’s also the 25th anniversary of Rolling Thunder, when close to one million people are estimated to come to Washington, D.C., to rally for the government to account for all prisoners of war or those missing in action, as well as to remember all service men and women. Of the many awe-inspiring videos about this event, the one that hit me the hardest was this of a lone Marine, standing at full attention, as motorcyclists passed and respected his vigil:
Something to think about while enjoying friends, family, and food from the grill.
More About Inspiring Stories
What You’re Sharing
- How a Tiny Facebook Page Sparked a Movement of Kindness in Shorewood, Wisconsin
- When a Police Shooting Threatened to Tear This Town Apart, What Happened Next Will Restore Your Faith in Humanity
- The Tiny Town of 1,000 That Raised $45,000 in One Day
- How This Woman Turned a Passion for Travel into a Six-Figure Salary—Really!
- How One Woman Quit Her Cardio Workout and Finally Started Losing Weight