- Seeing him as my father walked me to him; his face was perfect.
- Having our children from our previous marriages in the wedding. We became a family together.
- That he flew 2,000 miles to marry me.
- The look he gave me when he saw me in my wedding dress. His face and his eyes were so full of love, as if I were the most beautiful person in the entire world.
- The day my husband asked my son (from my previous marriage) if he could have permission to marry me. Also the day my son walked me down the aisle.
- When my husband gave me the engagement and wedding rings I currently wear — both handcrafted for me — one from his family’s birthplace in Ireland and one made by a designer. The love in his eyes and heart when he gave them to me were more than words could ever describe.
- Everything was so beautiful, especially my wife and two daughters who were our flower girls. Even now, two years later, I ask my wife on our anniversary if she’ll marry me again!
- The day of our marriage, we went to the movies, to a Brad Paisley concert, and then we went back to our hotel. The best thing about it was that it was just like any other day, not anything fancy, just another day of Kelli and I being together.
- The moment she said, “I do.” From that time on, my world’s never been the same. I have her and she has me — we’re the most inseparable couple.
- How absolutely beautiful she looked on our wedding day.
- Traveling 7,000 miles to Japan to marry my wife.
True Stories: Inspiring Words from Real Couples
Surprising words of hope from everyday marriages.By Sarì Harrar and Rita DeMaria | Ph.D. from The 7 Stages of Marriage