- Finding out we were pregnant with our daughter. We found out on Christmas Eve. We’d been praying for a child for almost six years.
- My husband being with me the whole time I was giving birth to our son. He held my hand and described what he was seeing.
- The day our daughters were born. He had tears in his eyes — it showed me how much love he had for our daughters. He might look like a strong, hard man on the outside, but inside he’s a very sweet, loving man.
- When my husband told me he wanted to adopt my children.
- Bringing our baby son to our company’s Christmas/family day. That’s when I really felt like everything had come together for us.
- The doctor letting me deliver our son.
- The day we brought our daughter home from the adoption agency.
- The birth of our first child. She was to be induced labor in the late afternoon, so I went to work and was planning to get off early, but then they had to induce her much earlier. I was across town making a delivery and had five minutes to get to the hospital. I didn’t make it, but we kinda laugh about it. When our second child was born,I took the whole week off, just to make sure I wouldn’t miss it!
- Watching our children become successful in their careers.
True Stories: Inspiring Words from Real Couples
Surprising words of hope from everyday marriages.By Sarì Harrar and Rita DeMaria | Ph.D. from The 7 Stages of Marriage