- The day that we walked through our brand-new home and took a second to relish the feeling that it was truly about to become ours.
- Watching the sun come up on the top of the Haleakala volcano in Hawaii.
- Recently, after an argument, instead of verbally apologizing, I came home to find that he had cooked dinner for me.
- When I came home from a business trip and the house was completely cleaned, and all over were little notes that said “I love you.” I found those notes for weeks.
- How gentle, kind, and helpful my husband was when my father was dying of cancer.
- The day I banged into the garage door, and his response was, “Guess it’s my turn to do something dumb now.”
- My husband’s “best man” speech at his friend’s wedding. He told the couple that he wished them the happiness in their marriage that he has in his.
- We had been married about six months, and I had a major toothache so bad I could not stand it. He was so concerned. He called all the dentists in the area, begging each one until he found a dentist that would see me that morning. He took the entire day off work and spent the whole day taking care of me and only me.
- Reading the Hans Christian Andersen story “Great Claus and Little Claus” at a picnic for two by a river, and laughing and laughing.
- My wife surprised me with a chance to DJ at our favorite club for my birthday. She’d done all the legwork as far as setting it up and only told me when I had to start picking out music to take.
- The day he told me I was his best friend.
- Waking up on a weekend morning with a whole day of lazing around together ahead of us (important contextual note: pre- children!).
- One rainy afternoon, sitting on the couch — him on one end, me on the other with our feet in the middle — each reading a book.
- Realizing that she deserves better than me and could have found a better life, but instead she picked and stayed with me.
The 7 Stages of Marriagebuy NOW$25.95