Here’s one for anyone who’s ever sent (or received) an article based mostly on its wacky-but-true premise: The Atlantic Wire blog has cultivated a very thorough list of 2012’s best and worst “trend” stories. That is, features on topics like babies drinking cappuccinos in Brooklyn, an apparent upward tick in people working from bed, and so forth.
There’s a lot to dig through in this round-up—some of it’s funny, some of it’s fascinating, and almost all of it is kind of weird—making it the perfect way for media junkies to spend some downtime. It may tell you a thing or two about how we experience news now, or it might just let you know that a few people are flying bird poop in from Japan to use in beauty products. Either way, it’s not to be missed!
YOU MIGHT ALSO LIKE:
Thanks for the Lolz: Funny Memes of 2012 »
Just found the worst page in the entire dictionary. What I saw was disgraceful, disgusting, dishonest, and disingenuous.
Client: We need you to log in to the YouTube and make all our company videos viral.
My cat just walked up to the paper shredder and said, “Teach me everything you know.”
“Just because you can’t dance doesn’t mean you shouldn’t dance.” —Alcohol
@yoyoha (Josh Hara)
My parents didn’t want to move to Florida, but they turned 60 and that’s the law.
Q: What do you call an Amish guy with his hand in a horse’s mouth?
A: A mechanic.
More About True Stories
What You’re Sharing
- How Presidents Met Their First Ladies: 10 True Love Stories to Make You Say ‘Awww’
- “If You Find This Letter, Then It’s For You”: What It’s Like to Write Love Letters to Total Strangers
- Real-Life Ghost Story: Her Husband Had Been Dead For a Year. Then His Handprint Appeared on the Mirror.
- The Stranger Who Changed My Life: A Short Love Story
- 12 Short, Sweet Stories About Moms (That Will Make You Want to Call Yours)