Here’s one for anyone who’s ever sent (or received) an article based mostly on its wacky-but-true premise: The Atlantic Wire blog has cultivated a very thorough list of 2012’s best and worst “trend” stories. That is, features on topics like babies drinking cappuccinos in Brooklyn, an apparent upward tick in people working from bed, and so forth.
There’s a lot to dig through in this round-up—some of it’s funny, some of it’s fascinating, and almost all of it is kind of weird—making it the perfect way for media junkies to spend some downtime. It may tell you a thing or two about how we experience news now, or it might just let you know that a few people are flying bird poop in from Japan to use in beauty products. Either way, it’s not to be missed!
YOU MIGHT ALSO LIKE:
Thanks for the Lolz: Funny Memes of 2012 »
More About True Stories
What You’re Sharing
- The Husband Who Vanished
- The Reunion That Took 77 Years to Happen
- The Baby Who Refused to Die: 11 Hours in Room 407
- 26 Secrets of Happiness: Quotable Quotes
- Chilling Reincarnation Stories: Meet 3 Children Who Lived Before
- “Pull Yourself Together!”: Rob Lowe on the Unexpected Tears of Sending His Son to College