How to cope with common shopping stressors:
1. Tune out noise. Carry an MP3 player and listen to calming songs to drown out screaming kids and background music.
2. Be nice to your feet. Skip heels and slip into your workout shoes for a long trek around the mall.
3. Come clean.</strong The last thing you need is a cold. Keep germs at bay by carrying hand sanitizer for times when you can’t easily wash up.
4. Watch your back. Don’t pull a muscle lugging hefty bags. Ask if the shopping center has locked storage, or make mini trips to the car.
5. Stay cool. Mall air can be overheated, so leave coats in the car.
6. Beware odor overload. Avoid headaches by steering clear of perfumeries and candle, soap and coffee shops.
7. Shopping online? Take plenty of breaks to avoid eyestrain and wrist problems.