Cats will go bonkers for these catnip crackers, so save them for rainy days and special occasions. You can pay a lot more for commercial cat treats, but they won’t measure up to these fresh, homemade ones.
- 3/4 cup flour
- 1/2 cup whole wheat flour
- 2 tablespoons dried catnip (available at pet shops and in pet aisle at most supermarkets)
- 1/2 cup yogurt
- 1 egg
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 3 tablespoons vegetable oil
How to make it
Time: Under 20 minutes
- Preheat oven to 350°F. In a medium bowl, mix flours and catnip together. Stir in yogurt, egg, honey, and vegetable oil.[/step-item]
- Press out dough on a floured surface and cut into tiny treats using a cookie cutter or pizza wheel. Place on greased cookie sheet and bake for 15 minutes or until golden brown.
- Store in a covered container in the refrigerator for a week or in the freezer for up to three months.