Start preparing for your Hanukkah meal two weeks before, so that when the day arrives, you can spend more time with your family.
IN_CONTENT_ADS_DEBUG: NO AD BECAUSE OF CHAR COUNT: 128, 150
A Few Weeks Before:
IN_CONTENT_ADS_DEBUG: NO AD BECAUSE OF CHAR COUNT: 20, 150
- Order a 5- to 6-pound fresh beef brisket from your butcher.
- Prepare two grocery lists — one for nonperishable items that can be purchased now and one for perishable items that need to be purchased a few days before your Hanukkah meal.
The Day Before:
NATIVO_DEBUG: NO NATIVO BECAUSE OF LOOP START!
DISPLAY_DEBUG: NO DISPLAY BECAUSE OF WRONG CADENCE! 1, 0, 6
- Buy remaining grocery items, including the beef brisket.
- Set the table.
- For the Festive Tossed Salad, make the dressing; cover and refrigerate. Cut up all the salad ingredients; place in separate airtight containers or resealable plastic bags and refrigerate.
- Bake the and Glazed Lebkuchen; cover and store at room temperature.
The Day of Hanukkah Dinner:
NATIVO_DEBUG: NO NATIVO BECAUSE OF WRONG CADENCE! 2, 1, 3
DISPLAY_DEBUG: NO DISPLAY BECAUSE OF WRONG CADENCE! 2, 0, 6
- In the morning, peel the potatoes for the Latkes. Place in a bowl; cover with cold water and refrigerate until ready to grate.
- Make Savory Beef Brisket and Latkes.
- Remove the salad dressing from the refrigerator. Just before serving, assemble the Festive Tossed Salad; shake the dressing and pour over the salad.
- Set out the Festive Tossed Salad.
- Serve the Glazed Lebkuchen for dessert.
IN_CONTENT_ADS_DEBUG: NO AD BECAUSE OF LAST PARAGRAPH!