12 Tools Every Homeowner Must Own
Make sure your toolbox is properly stocked now so that you’ll be ready in a fix.
Every handyman’s toolbox should include these 12 must-haves:
1. Cordless drill: A 12-volt model will handle most drilling tasks.
2. 16-ounce hammer: Great for big and small jobs.
3. Angle square: Use it for layout, cut-line marking or to check corners for squareness.
4. Multihead screwdriver: You’ll need Phillips and slotted tips for most household projects.
5. Pry bar: Use it to dismantle framing, pull nails and remove moldings, and for demolition.
6. Utility knife: Great for cutting vinyl floor-ing, roofing shingles and building materials.
7. 25-foot tape measure: Compact for small-scale work, but stretches for bigger chores.
8. Adjustable wrench: A 10-inch model is the perfect size.
9. Chalk line: Use it to snap straight guidelines for cutting plywood or laying floor tile.
10. Non-contact voltage tester: A must for electrical repairs.
11. Circular saw: Look for 12 amps minimum, to cut metal and concrete with the appropriate blade.
12. 24-inch level: For big and small tasks.