30 Healthiest Foods
The healthiest foods.
Real Simple polled the nation’s top dieticians and nutritionists to ask them which foods are a must-eat for a healthy diet. Most of the foods on the list are well-known–such as broccoli, beans, and wild salmon–but there are a few that may not have made it into your shopping cart yet. Some of the more unique foods that pack a nutritional punch are:
1. Quinoa is a complete protein and contains all nine essential amino acids. (Sweet potatoes are on the list of healthy foods, too!)
2. Bulgur is fiber-filled and can be made into a sweet or savory dish.
3. Sardines are a great source of protein, calcium, and omega-3 fatty acids.
4. Kale is a versatile leafy green that is loaded with calcium, beta-carotene, and vitamin C.
5. Chard is another leafy green that will give your body a boost of calcium and fiber.
Find out the other 25 foods you should be eating.