6 Tips for Saving Money at Restaurants
Straying from your regular dining routines can add some spark to your travels and save you money in the process.
Straying from your regular dining routines can add some spark to your travels and save you money in the process. Here are a few tips on having a great restaurant experience for less.
1. Enjoy your largest meal at midday; in many restaurants the tab for a full meal at lunch is about half the price of a full meal at dinner.
2. Consider alternatives to restaurants; you’ll probably find that you can dine quite well for less in cafés, coffee shops, wine bars, pizzerias, museum cafeterias, and other casual eateries.
3. Order two appetizers instead of an appetizer and a main course — you’ll have plenty to eat and will shave several dollars off the bill
4. Try to forgo desserts, as those empty calories tend to be expensive.
5. In parts of the world where tap water is safe to drink, spare yourself the expense of bottled water.
6. See if a city near you has a restaurant week and save the expensive restaurants for that week.