7 Secrets For Organizing Your Garage
1. Sort the contents of your garage into “keep,” “sell/give away,” and “toss” piles. If you’re hesitating about a certain
1. Sort the contents of your garage into “keep,” “sell/give away,” and “toss” piles. If you’re hesitating about a certain item, remember the two-year rule: if you haven’t used or worn something in two years, it’s time to let it go.
2. Group the “keep” pile by season (or by use) so that these items can be stored together when you put them back inside the garage.
3. Install cabinets or roll in freestanding, open shelving units, if you don’t have them already, for effective, off-the-ground storage. Bins and boxes in an array of sizes and shapes can be added for extra convenience.
4. Suspend overhead bins or an over-the-car-hood rack from ceiling joists. If you’ve got a high ceiling in your garage you can turn the overhead space into a storage bonanza.
5. Wall racks can be installed for easy access to athletic equipment, yard-work gear, and tools.
6. Station recycling bins near the entrance to your home for easy sorting and disposal.
7. Create a workbench with pegboard paneling above it for displaying tools and, alongside it, cabinets or shelves for storing other tool gear.
[sale-item img=”http://media.rd.com/rd/images/rdc/products/Save-20k-with-a-Nail-pd.jpg” title=”Save $20,000 with a Nail” price=”21.99″ link=”http://www.readersdigeststore.com/Save-20000-with-a-Nail/M/0762105534.htm?trkid=rdv_store”]