Aloha Burgers Recipe
Pineapples add a tropical and juicy touch to these tasty burgers.
[ingredients-list title=”Ingredients” serving_size=””]
- 1 can (8 ounces) sliced pineapple
- 3/4 cup teriyaki sauce
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1 large sweet onion, sliced
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 4 lettuce leaves
- 4 sesame seed or onion buns, split and toasted
- 4 slices Swiss cheese
- 4 bacon strips, cooked
[step-list-wrapper title=”How to make it” time=”30 minutes”]
[step-item number=”1″ image_url=”” title=”” ]Drain pineapple juice into a small bowl; add teriyaki sauce. Place 3 tablespoons in a resealable plastic bag. Add pineapple; toss to coat and set aside. Shape beef into four patties; place in an 8-in. square baking dish. Pour the remaining teriyaki sauce mixture over patties; marinate for 5-10 minutes, turning once.[/step-item]
2. Drain and discard teriyaki marinade. Grill, covered, over medium heat or broil 4 in. from the heat for 6-9 minutes on each side or until no longer pink. Meanwhile, in a small skillet, saute onion in butter until tender, about 5 minutes; set aside.
3. Drain and discard pineapple marinade. Place pineapple on grill or under broiler to heat through. Layer lettuce and onion on bottom of buns. Top with burgers, cheese, pineapple and bacon. Replace tops; serve immediately. Serves 4.[/step-list-wrapper]