Amaretto Praline Bars Recipe
From our friends at McCormick®: The Toasted Almond cocktail is the inspiration for these bar cookies. A rich buttery crust is layered with melted chocolate and a caramelized praline and almond topping.
Prep Time: 15 mins
Cook Time: 15 mins
Serves: Makes 24 servings.
- 2 cups flour
- 1 3/4 cups (3 1/2 sticks) butter, softened, divided
- 1 1/2 cups firmly packed brown sugar, divided
- 1 teaspoon McCormick® Pure Almond Extract
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1/4 cup light corn syrup
- 1/4 teaspoon McCormick® Imitation Rum Extract
- 1/2 cup toasted sliced almonds
1. Preheat oven to 350°F. Mix flour, 1 cup (2 sticks) of the butter, 1/2 cup of the sugar, almond extract and salt in large bowl with electric mixer on medium speed until mixture resembles coarse crumbs. Press mixture evenly into greased foil-lined 13×9-inch baking pan.
2. Bake 15 minutes or until golden brown. Sprinkle chocolate chips evenly over hot crust. Let stand 5 minutes. Spread melted chocolate over crust. Set aside.
3. Meanwhile, bring remaining 3/4 cup (1 1/2 sticks) butter, remaining 1 cup sugar and corn syrup to boil in heavy medium saucepan on medium heat. Boil 3 minutes without stirring. Remove from heat. Stir in rum extract. Spread evenly over chocolate-covered crust. Sprinkle with almonds.
4. Refrigerate 1 hour or until set. Cut into bars. Store in tightly covered container at room temperature up to 5 days.