Bacon Herb Zucchini
This tasty side can easily be doubled to serve a large party who are sure to want seconds. — Betty
This tasty side can easily be doubled to serve a large party who are sure to want seconds.
— Betty Korte, Collinsville, Illinois
You Will Need
4 bacon strips, diced
1/2 cup chopped celery
1/2 cup chopped onion
3/4 cup canned diced tomatoes
1 tablespoon minced fresh
1/4 teaspoon each dried oregano,
savory and rubbed sage
1/4 teaspoon salt
1/8 teaspoon pepper
4 cups sliced zucchini
3 tablespoons grated Parmesan
What to Do
1. In a large skillet, cook bacon over medium heat until crisp.
2. Using a slotted spoon, remove bacon to paper towels; drain,
reserving 1 tablespoon drippings.
3. In the drippings, sauté celery and onion until tender. Add the tomatoes, parsley, oregano, savory, sage, salt, pepper and
4. Bring to a boil, stirring occasionally.
5. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 7-10 minutes or until zucchini
6. Sprinkle with Parmesan cheese and bacon.