Fresh herbs make this juicy steak irresistible.
Prep time: 15 min
Cook time: 35 min
- 1 boneless beef top sirloin steak, (2 -2 1/2 lbs. and about 1 1/2 inches thick)
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon dried parsley flakes
- 1 1/2 cups lightly packed fresh basil leaves, coarsley chopped
- 1/4 cup finely chopped onion
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 1/2 teaspoons minced fresh rosemary or 1/2 teaspoon dried rosemary, crushed
- 1/8 teaspoon minced fresh thyme or pinch dried thyme
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
How to make it:
- With a sharp knife, make five lengthwise cuts three-fourths of the way through the steak. Combine salt, pepper and parsley; rub over steak.
- In a small bowl, combine the basil, onion, garlic, rosemary and thyme. Stuff into pockets in steak. Using heavy-duty string, tie the steak at 2-inch intervals, closing the pockets. Drizzle with oil.
- Grill, covered, over indirect medium heat for 35-45 minutes or until the meat reaches desired doneness (for medium-rare, a meat thermometer should read 145°F; medium, 160°F; well-done, 170°F). Cover and let stand for 5-10 minutes. Remove string before slicing.
Editor’s Note: Steak can also be baked, uncovered, at 400°F for 45 minutes or until meat reaches desired doneness.