Basil Turkey Burgers
This delicious recipe throws away the notion that turkey burgers aren't as good as their beef counterparts
- 1/4 cup mayonnaise
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh basil, divided
- 1/4 cup milk
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped onion
- 1 tablespoon dry bread crumbs
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 12 ounces ground turkey
- 4 hamburger buns, split
- 4 lettuce leaves
- 1 large tomato, sliced
How to make it:
- In a small bowl, combine mayonnaise and 1 tablespoon basil. Cover and refrigerate until serving.
- Coat grill rack with nonstick cooking spray before starting the grill.
- In a bowl, combine the milk, onion, bread crumbs, salt, pepper and remaining basil. Crumble turkey over mixture and mix well. Shape into four patties.
- Grill, covered, over indirect medium heat for 5 to 6 minutes on each side or until meat is no longer pink.
- Serve on buns with lettuce, tomato, and basil mayonnaise. Serves 4.
Originally Published: May 26, 2005
Originally Published in Reader's Digest